Apple Mail's missing Snooze: Setting the record straight
Fortunately, Apple’s built-in Mail app has become pretty feature complete over the years. Though the latest email features take a year or two to show up in Mail, most have made their way into the app — features like Send Later, Snooze, Undo Send, and more are now all in Apple’s default Mail app and available to all iPhone, iPad, and Mac users.
I use Apple Mail but I want to point out one misleading statement in this paragraph. Apple Mail does not have snooze! It's a feature that I wish it had. It does have Remind Me Later which is very different:
- Moves the email to a Snooze folder until the specified time.
- The email is still visible in the Snooze folder, so you can easily find it and take action if needed.
- If someone replies to a snoozed email, it will be un-snoozed and moved back to your inbox.
Remind Me Later
- Creates a reminder for the email, but the email remains in your inbox.
- You can set a specific date and time for the reminder, or you can choose to be reminded at a later time, such as when you arrive at a specific location or when you complete another task.
- If someone replies to a reminded email, the reminder will remain active, but the email will be moved to the top of your inbox.
I find Remind Me Later to be useless.