I've been reading books again
Over the years I've I had periods when I'm into reading books and then not. After coming off a long period of not, I decided at the beginning of 2022 that I wanted to get into a routine of reading books again. I like to read fiction because it allows me to escape my everyday life and enter a new world.
My routine is pretty simple. I read in bed every evening before going to sleep. I usually get in about an hour of reading before I fall asleep. Last year I was able to read 19 digital books and 3 paperbacks which is damn good considering I hadn't read any books the year before.
I read on a Kindle Paperwhite and get my books on Amazon. I'm currently reading Jonathon Kellerman's Breakdown. Alex Delaware and Milo are just great fucking characters. At the same time, I'm reading Bright Creatures by Shelby Van Pelt. It's very different from what I would normally read but I think I'm going really like it.
If you're a dog person like me I want to recommend 3 books about dogs that I read last year.
- The World Through Bella's Eyes: A Pit Bulls Story by Peter A Harrower and Lindsay K Harrower
- Shelby's Story: by W. Bruce Cameron
- A Dog's Journey: by W. Bruce Cameron
- A Dog's Way Home: by W. Bruce Cameron
Here are some of my favorite authors:
- Sue Grafton – Kinsey Millhone Alphabet Mysteries
- Michael Connelly – Bosch and Lincoln Lawyer Series
- Jonathan Kellerman – Alex Delaware Series
- W. Bruce Cameron
- James Patterson