Web Finds – April 20, 2023
Welcome to Web Finds, where I curate a collection of the most interesting and useful web links that I've come across.
First up, we've got TidBITS downsizing. Meanwhile, Manu hates internal linking – can you blame him? On the tech front, Apple is launching a new savings account for their Apple Card users, and responding to reports of iPhone lockouts caused by thieves. In other news, NPR bids farewell to Twitter, SpaceX has a mixed success with its Starship test flight, and Microsoft is throwing some serious shade at Twitter. And finally, if you're curious about how the major phone carriers are stacking up against each other, we've got a handy performance test comparison for you.
- 33 Years of TidBITS: Handcrafted Content from Humans – TidBITS
- Moving from Jekyll to Blot – Kev Quirk
- I hate internal linking – Manu
- The Savings Account Is Half Empty – Daring Fireball
- Apple Card Savings Account Launches
- Apple Responds to Report About Thieves Permanently Locking Out iPhone Users
- NPR no longer active on Twitter
- SpaceX Starship soars, then crashes in major test flight
- Microsoft kicks Twitter in the teeth
- Here’s how T-Mobile, Verizon, and AT&T compare in the latest performance test