Web Finds – March 30, 2023
Welcome to Web Finds, where I curate a collection of the most interesting and useful web links that I've come across.
From dogs and goats being adopted together to California's victory over Big Oil, it's a mixed bag of news today. Clive Thompson explores why typing on a typewriter feels so modern, while cabel.com suggests Apple passwords deserve their own app. TechCrunch reports on lawmakers calling on USPS to fight fraud, and the Los Angeles Times ponders where we'll find smart people if Twitter dies. Meanwhile, The New York Times reviews how ChatGPT and Bard fared as executive assistants, and The Washington Post tells a heartwarming story of a rescue dog and goat who are inseparable. Lastly, there are keyboard shortcuts to learn for both Safari and macOS.
- Why Writing On A Typewriter Feels So Strangely Modern | by Clive Thompson | Mar, 2023 | Medium
- Apple Passwords Deserve An App – cabel.com
- 25 Useful Safari Keyboard Shortcuts You Should Know
- 40+ macOS keyboard shortcuts you should know [Video]
- Shelter put 'best buds' rescue dog and goat up for adoption as a pair – The Washington Post
- “California took on Big Oil and won,” Newsom says of new price gouging law
- How ChatGPT and Bard Performed as My Executive Assistants – The New York Times
- Commentary: If Twitter finally dies, where do we find the smart people? – Los Angeles Times
- Lawmakers call on USPS to combat surge in ‘change of address’ fraud | TechCrunch